及物动词动摇; 摇头; 使发抖; 使心绪不宁[烦恼,惊吓]
不及物动词握手; 摇(出),抖(掉); (嗓音)颤抖
名词震动; 摇动; 哆嗦; 混合饮料
1. shake it up : 赶快;
2. shake down : 摇落, 临时搭铺, 敲诈, 勒索;
3. no great shakes : [俚]并不特别重要, 没有什么了不起, 平常得很;
4. shake oneself together : 振作;
及物动词
1. Try to shake him off.
试图摆脱他。
2. The two men shook hands.
两人握手。
3. His heavy steps shook the room.
他沉重的脚步使房间都为之震动。
名词
1. It is customary to welcome a visitor with a shake.
习惯上大家都握手迎接客人。
2. He finished the bottle of wine in a shake.
他片刻功夫就把一瓶酒喝完了。
Dance
A:Do you think you could go over that new dance with me again? I missed the last class and don’t want to fall behind.
你可不可以再和我一起复习一下那个新舞蹈?我错过了上节课,但不想落下。
B:Sure. Let’s start with a little stretch. Stand up straight, breathe in, and lift your hands over your head.
可以。让我们先伸展一下。起立站直,吸气,手举过头顶。
A:Like this?
像这样吗?
B:Yes. Now, breathe out and push your hands back down by your sides. Breathe in… and breathe out.Now, bend over and touch your toes. Hold it. Repeat…
是的。现在呼气,把手放回身体俩侧。吸气…再呼气。然后,弯腰触摸脚趾,坚持住,重复…
A:I think I’m warmed up now.
我想我已做好热身活动了。
B:To start then, walk sideways to your right three steps. Jump up. Turn around. Then, walk sideways to your right another three steps. Jump up and turn around. Got it?
现在开始,向自己的右侧走三步,向上跳,转身,然后再向右走三步。向上跳,转身。学会了吗?
A:Yes, but what are we supposed to do with our hands?
学会了。可是我们的手应该怎么做呢?
B:Keep them by your side. When we jump up, shake them in front of you.
把手保持在身体的俩侧,当你向上跳时向你的前方挥手。
A:That’s pretty easy. What’s next?
这太简单了。接下来做什么?
B:We do that three times. Then, lift your left leg up to your right hand three times. Jump. Lift your right leg up to your left arm three times. Jump.
我们做三遍这个动作,然后抬起左脚去够你的右手三次。跳,抬起右腿去够左臂三次。跳。
A:Is this right?
是这样吗?
B:Yes, just make sure that you keep your back straight.
对。注意保持你的背部挺直。
A:How many times do we repeat this?
我们重复做几遍?
B:Three times as well. Then we do the first set again.
也做三遍。然后我们再做第一套。
A:Ok, I think I’ve got it. Thanks, Moira!
好吧,我想我会了。谢谢你,莫伊拉。
B:Not a problem.
不客气。
商务英语
A:Good morning, Mr. Smith. I brought the contract you are been looking for.Please go over the draft of the contract.
上午好,斯密司先生。我带来了你要等待的合同。请再看一下草案吧。
B:OK. Sit down, please. What would you like, Chinese tea or coffee?
好的,请坐。你想喝点什么,中国茶还是咖啡?
A:Thank you. I'd very much like to have a cup of Chinese tea.
我想来杯中国茶,谢谢你。
B:Here you are.
茶给你。
A:Finished?
看完了吗?
B:Yes. I have one question about clause 8.Are these the terms that we agreed on?
看完了。关于第八条款,我有个疑问。这些是我们同意的条件吗?
A:OK. Let's have a look at it.
好,让我们来看看。
B:10 percent down and the balance at the time of shipment?That's what I mean.
百分之十付现款,余额在装运时付清吗?我就是指的这个。
A:Yes, I think that's what we stipulated.
对呀,我想那是我们所订定的。
B:I'll need a few minutes to check over my notes again.
我再需要几分钟来核对一下我的笔记。
A:Right?
对吗?
B:Yes, it is right.
对,是正确的。
A:Good. Can we sign them right away?
好的。我们现在可以签合同了吗?
B:Of course.S Hand me the pen.
当然可以。请把笔给我。
A:Here you are.
给你。
B:Where shall I put my signature?
我签在哪儿呀?
A:Here, on the last page.We'll sign two originals, each in the Chinese and English language.Both are equally effective.
这儿,在最后一页。我们将要用中文和英文分别签署两份原件。两者都有效。
B:OK. Is that all?
好的。就这样完了吗?
A:No. Will you also initial this change on page 2, please?
不,请你也在第二页变更处签姓名的一个字母好吗?
B:I'm glad our negotiation has come to a successful conclusion.
我很高兴这次洽谈圆满成功。
A:I hope this will lead to further business between us.
我希望这次交易将使我们之间的贸易能得到进一步发展。
B:All we have to do now is shake hands.
现在我们所该做的只是握手了。
A:OK, and go out and have a drink to congratulate ourselves.
对,再出去喝一杯以示庆祝。
B:That's a great idea.
真是个好主意。
1. 环裂:树木在生长期间或伐倒后,由于受外力、温度或湿度变化的影响,使木材纤维之间发生分离的缺陷. 分辐裂(radial check)、环裂(shake)等.
2. 摇动:① 摇动(Shake) 即把材料和冰块放入摇酒壶钟摇晃使之混合. 这能使难以混杂的材料混合在一起,还能用冰块使之迅速冷却. 此外酒精含量高的酒在摇动过程中还能磨去冰块的棱角,从而获得爽口的味道. 材料放入摇酒壶的顺序 是先放入基本材料再放入辅助材料,
3. (颤抖):著名制片人杰瑞.布鲁克海默(Jerry Bruckheimer)买下了哈斯(Haas)的短篇小说颤抖(Shake)的改编权,并聘请了他的御用编剧迈克尔.勃兰特(Michael Brandt)执笔改编剧本.
noun
1. causing to move repeatedly from side to side
2. a reflex motion caused by cold or fear or excitement
3. grasping and shaking a person's hand (as to acknowledge an introduction or to agree on a contract)
Synonym: handshakehandshakinghandclasp
4. a note that alternates rapidly with another note a semitone above it
Synonym: trill
5. frothy drink of milk and flavoring and sometimes fruit or ice cream
Synonym: milkshakemilk shake
6. building material used as siding or roofing
Synonym: shingle