形容词迟钝的; 钝的; 呆滞的; 阴暗的
动词缓和; 减轻; 使阴暗
\u0077\u0077\u0077\u002e\u0071\u0069\u0063\u0061\u0069\u002e\u006e\u0065\u0074
形容词
1. It's very dull today but I don't think it'll rain.
今天天气很阴暗,但我认为不会下雨。
2. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
只工作不玩耍,聪明孩子也变傻。
3. He had a dull pain in the chest.
他胸部隐隐作痛。
及物动词
1. His hearing was dulled by age.
他的听觉因上了年纪而变得迟钝了。
2. Some drugs dull pain.
有些药能止痛。
不及物动词
1. This cheap knife dulls easily.
这把便宜的刀容易变钝。
建议
A:Do you think I should join the basketball team, Mary?
玛丽,你认为我应该参加篮球队吗?
B:Why not? If I were you, I certainly would.
为什么不呢?如果我是你,一定参加。
A:But I’m afraid it’ll take up too much of my time.
可是,这恐怕要占去我太多的时间。
B:As the saying goes:Work while you work, play while play. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, you know?
俗话说:工作时工作,娱乐时娱乐。只工作不娱乐,聪明的孩子也会变得笨拙,你知道吗?
A:Hmm, you’re right.
嗯,你说得对。
Cable TV-(有线电视)
A:Mom, can we get cable TV or a satellite dish?
妈妈,我们可以装有线电视或者卫星电视吗?
B:It costs money, dear. What’s wrong with the regular television stations?
亲爱的,那可很贵呢。一般的电视台有什么不好?
A:The shows are dull and they’re too many advertisements.
这些节目都很没趣,而且广告太多了。
B:Well, you already watch too much TV instead of doing your homework, anyway.
哦,你可是光看那么多电视不做作业了。
A:There ’re educational stations too. I could learn while I watched TV.
(卫星电视)也有教育电视台嘛。我可以一边看电视一边学习。
B:Well, that’s true, but you’d probably only watch cartoons and action movies.
哦,那倒是真的。可是你可能只会看卡通片或动作片哦。
A:No I wouldn’t…can’t we get cable? Everybody has cable.
不,我不会的。我们不可以装有线电视吗?家家都有。
B:Well, if everybody jumped off a bridge, would you jump too?
那么,如果人人都跳河,你也跟着跳吗?
A:Mom!!!! Please. All my friends have had it for years.
妈妈!拜托,我的朋友们几年前就有了。
B:Get new friends.
那就交一些新朋友。
A:Why are you always so mean?
你为什么总是这么小气?
B:Because you’d end up spoiled rotten if I wasn’t.
如果我不这样的话你肯定会被我宠得不行的。
A:I could help pay for it.
那我也可以出一部分钱嘛。
B:Let’s see how your grades are this semester, and maybe I’ll talk to your father about it.
我们看看你这个学期考得怎么样,然后我倒可以和你爸爸商量一下。
A:O.K. Thanks, Mom!
好的,谢谢妈妈。
1. 迟钝的:地名志或地名研究(Toponymy)属于历史语言学范畴. 历史语言学家对地名的来源作了相当的研究. 美国内务部曾汇集了一批能干的语言学家,成立了专门机构,其任务是对美国的地名来源进行研究,给以准确的解释. Bairn or wean 小孩、儿童(child)Dour 迟钝的( dull)Feart 害怕的、吓坏的(scared)
2. 钝:这首歌曲可能是她比较愚钝(dull)的单曲之一,而且大概有她比较微弱的声音表现的其中之一. 然而,它具有「旋律可能真正感动你」的片刻. 麻衣在桥段(bridge)的歌唱部份很有趣. Michael Africk 提供一些很棒的幕后合音 .
3. 枯燥无味:5:语言表达层面上一定要用地道的英语中国人自己读得很顺的英语往往是按中文的语言逻辑写成的中式英语,不但会大大削弱您想表达的意思,产生误解,而且会让招生人员看起来很枯燥无味(DULL).
1. 枯燥无味的;沉闷的;无聊的
If you describe someone or something as dull, you mean they are not interesting or exciting.
e.g. They are both nice people but can be rather dull...
他俩都是好人但非常沉闷。
e.g. I felt she found me boring and dull...
我觉得她认为我既无趣又沉闷。