介词在…之间; 私下,暗中; 在…中任择其一; 来往于…之间
副词当中,中间
形容词中等的,中级的; 普通的; 平均的; 半生熟的
名词媒介物,媒质; 中间,中庸,[生]培养基,培养液,颜料溶解液,[数]中数,平均,[逻]中名辞; 手段,方法; 中间物
形容词唯一的,仅有的; 独一无二的,独特的; 不平常的,特别的; 超绝
1. 唯一的;独一无二的
Something that is unique is the only one of its kind.
e.g. Each person's signature is unique...
每个人的签名都是独一无二的。
e.g. The area has its own unique language, Catalan.
这个地区有自己单独的语言,加泰罗尼亚语。
副词实际上; 确实; 竟; 事实上
1. 的确;真实地;事实上
You use actually to indicate that a situation exists or happened, or to emphasize that it is true.
e.g. One afternoon, I grew bored and actually fell asleep for a few minutes...
一天下午,我觉得有些无聊,还真的睡着了一小会儿。
e.g. Interest is only payable on the amount actually borrowed.
利息只能根据实际借款数目给付。
2. (用于纠正他人或表示反对)实际上,事实上
You use actually when you are correcting or contradicting someone.
e.g. No, I'm not a student. I'm a doctor, actually...
不,我不是学生。实际上我是医生。
e.g. 'So it's not a family show then?' —'Well, actually, I think that's exactly what it is.'
“那么这并不是一次家庭才艺表演了?”——“嗯,事实上我觉得这恰恰就是一次家庭才艺表演。”
3. (礼貌地表达与他人的期待所不同的观点)说实在的,说真的
You can use actually when you are politely expressing an opinion that other people might not have expected from you.
e.g. 'Do you think it's a good idea to socialize with one's patients?' — 'Actually, I do, I think it's a great idea.'
“你认为和自己的病人交朋友的想法好吗?”——“说实在的,我认为很好,这个想法很棒。”
e.g. I would be surprised, actually, if he left Birmingham.
如果他要离开伯明翰,说真的,我会很惊讶。
4. (引入新话题)其实,说实在的
You use actually to introduce a new topic into a conversation.
e.g. Well actually, John, I rang you for some advice...
这么说吧,约翰,我给你打电话是想得到些建议。
e.g. Actually, let's just read this little bit where you've made them bump into each other.
这样吧,我们就只读你让他们偶遇这一小段吧。
副词恰恰; 确切地; 精确地; 完全地,全然
1. 精确地;确切地;正好
You use exactly before an amount, number, or position to emphasize that it is no more, no less, or no different from what you are stating.
e.g. Each corner had a guard tower, each of which was exactly ten meters in height...
每个角落都有一座警戒塔,每座警戒塔正好10米高。
e.g. Agnew's car pulled into the driveway at exactly five o'clock...
阿格纽的车在5点整驶入了车道。
2. 确实如此/并非如此;正是/不完全是
If you say 'Exactly', you are agreeing with someone or emphasizing the truth of what they say. If you say 'Not exactly', you are telling them politely that they are wrong in part of what they are saying.
e.g. Eve nodded, almost approvingly. 'Exactly.'...
伊芙几乎赞同地点了点头。“确实如此。”
e.g. 'We don't know the answer to that.' — 'Exactly — so shut up and stop speculating.'...
“我们不知道那个问题的答案。”——“就是——那就闭嘴,别瞎猜。”
3. 不完全是;不完全对
You use not exactly to indicate that a meaning or situation is slightly different from what people think or expect.
e.g. He's not exactly homeless, he just hangs out in this park.
确切来说他并不算是无家可归,他只是老在这个公园里转悠。
4. 根本不;决不
You can use not exactly to show that you mean the opposite of what you are saying.
e.g. This was not exactly what I wanted to hear...
这根本不是我想听到的。
e.g. Sailing is not exactly cheap.
帆船运动根本就不便宜。
5. (用于问句中,表示不赞成)到底,具体
You use exactly with a question to show that you disapprove of what the person you are talking to is doing or saying.
e.g. What exactly do you mean?...
你到底什么意思?
e.g. Exactly what are you looking for?
你到底在找什么?
6. see also: exact